Compositions of Kei Koito (1980-1992)
Between 1980 and 1992, Kei Koito composed quite a few works for various instruments and ensembles.
- Sensation (on a poem by A. Rimbaud) for voice & piano (1980)
- Passacaglia for organ (1981)
- Esquisse Alpha for 2 pianos (1982)
- Orestes Stasimon for choir (1983)
- Permutation (adapted from the studies of P. Klee) for organ and 2 assistants (1984)
- Tours du silence for chamber ensemble (voice, woodwinds, brass, percussion & double bass) (1985)
- Labyrinthe dynamique for brass ensemble (1985)
- Fragment on « Wenn aus der Ferne … » (on a poem by F. Hölderlin) for organ (1986)
- Splendid Rotation for 2 amplified harpsichords (1986)
- In step, shoulder to shoulder for string quartet (1986)
- Passenger (on a poem by J. Nishiwaki) for trumpet & organ (1987)
- Cristal Axe for organ & 2 assistants / organists (1988)
- Return (Homage to J.S. Bach) for cello & prepared piano (1989)
- Poème pulvérisé (on a poem by R. Char) for voice & percussion (1990)
- Transmutations (unfinished) :
I, for solo voice
II, for oboe
III, for trombone
IV, for percussion
V, for ensemble.
In 1992, Kei Koito stopped composing and started concentrating solely on baroque organ performance.